Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NHL All-Star Game...open game thread (which is now closed)

This past Sunday, the NHL All-Star game was held in Raleigh...what's that? Yes, the NHL does have an All-Star game...yes, I find it as hard to believe as you do. Well, anyway, I've acquired the posts left by the players, managers, and yes, Gary Bettman too. Take a look:


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary Bettman: Hello everyone and welcome to the...annual NHL All-Star game. It is my pleasure to introduce such a creative new format. I have opened this game thread to all members of the league so that we can get to know each other on a more...personal level. A few rules: Keep it clean. No attacking any individuals, hear that Mr. Cooke? Any personal attacks or inappropriate behavior as judged by me will be banned from this page. Pronger, you're automatically banned.

Chris Pronger: This comment has been blocked by the moderator. To view, please click here.

Brendan Shanahan: Dude, not cool, this was my idea.

Sidney Crosby: Gary, why did you leave your razor at my house?

Gary Bettman: Sid, it's not mine. I got it for you. Just don't forget to shave at least twice a year.

Ilya Kovalchuk: Dammit! Nobody will let me in! This message was sent using mobile web

Donald Fehr: Umm, how many quarters are there in hockey?

---Game is about to begin---

Jordan Staal: Let's go Lidstrom!

BizNasty2point0: Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I stole everyone's jerseys last night and I was in the shootout. That's why nobody was scoring.

Colton Orr: Who was that guy who did the American National Anthem? People like that deserve a piece of me!

Gary Bettman: Colton, watch it, that's a personal attack.

(Colton Orr has been blocked from this thread by Gary Bettman)

Ilya Kovalchuk: They even locked the back door! This message was sent using mobile web

Chris Pronger: This comment has been blocked by the moderator. To view, please click here.

---Game is under way---

Brian Gionta: Man, those jerseys look stupid.

Kyle Wellwood: (*yawn*) Man, that breakfast was good. What'd I miss?????

Mike Komisarek: Brian, did you see those prisoner jerseys they made us wear in Montreal a few years ago?

Stan Lee: Stay tuned for the second intermission when I will unveil the GUARDIAN PROJECT!!!

Gary Bettman: What a beautiful shot by Ovechkin makes it 1-0 Staal!

Chris Pronger: This comment has been blocked by the moderator. To view, please click here.

Dion Phaneuf: Man, Briere is sooo ugly...

Lou Lamoriello: What an ugly goal. GET THIS PLAYER ON MY TEAM!

Gary Bettman: Paul Stastny makes it 2-0 Staal!

Jacques Lemaire: It will be interesting to see if the guys start to play better defensively to hold onto this lead.

(Dion Phaneuf has been blocked from this thread by Gary Bettman)

Gary Bettman: Patrik Elias scores and it's 3-0!!!

Gary Bettman: Why do the refs keep blowing the whistle? I thought I had figured out the rules to this game over the past 20 years...........I need new refs...

Glen Sather: Look at that Richards guy. He's ALL MINE come July! MWAAA!!

Lou Lamoriello: Glen, need advice on signing a superstar? I'm just across the Hudson whenever you need me.

Glen Sather: You mean...

Lou Lamoriello: Richard Bloch...

Mike Richards: Sorry, Glen, I just signed in Philly long-term.

Donald Fehr: 4-4 in the first period, is this the average score for a hockey game?

Gary Bettman: Hey guys, sorry I missed a few goals. Oh well, it doesn't really matter.

Phil Kessel: Me and Karlsson are getting tired of being on the bench.

BizNasty2point0: It's okay, Kessel, I know the feeling...

(Gary Bettman has been blocked from this thread by Gary Bettman)

Lou Lamoriello: I had nothing to do with that...

(Lou Lamoriello has been blocked from this thread by Gary Bettman)

Jarome Iginla: The coast is clear??

Ales Hemsky: I think so. What did you tell Bettman, Iggy?

Jarome Iginla: I don't remember, something about a personal reason.

Ales Hemsky: hahahaha, good one.

Sidney Crosby: You're ruining the integrity of the game, guys!

Chris Pronger: This comment has been blocked by the moderator. To view, please click here.

Donald Fehr: This is an exciting game!

Brendan Shanahan: I'm glad you feel that way, Donald. I have worked extremely hard trying to make this event relevant.

Donald Fehr: No, I wasn't talking about the All-Star game, I was talking about this replay of the 1993 World Series!

Jordan Staal: Yes! Lidstrom wins!!

Colin Campbell: noidvd849mcs09,9mt4n8by5][-[0pwimfcp]

Glen Sather: So, Lou, any word on players you're going to trade?

Lou Lamoriello: Status quo.

Colin Campbell: Sorry, that was Gregory.

(Colin Campbell has been blocked from this thread by Gary Bettman)

Patrice Bergeron: Let's go Celtics!

Brendan Shanahan: Well, this concludes the NHL All-Star weekend! Thanks, everyone for contributing on here and please leave feedback! I'm looking to improve it again for next year!

BizNasty2point0: Loved it. Seeing All-Stars warming the bench really makes me feel better.

Kyle Wellwood: Today was the All-Star game? NO WAY?! What channel was it on?

Ilya Kovalchuk: Damn... This message was sent using mobile web

Rick DiPietro: Wow, that looked like it was really hard.

BizNasty2point0: What looked hard?

Rick DiPietro: Playing.

BizNasty2point0: I know!!!

Brendan Shanahan: Anyway, that concludes this game thread. We'll see you next time.

Stan Lee: Don't forget to tune it to see the next part of the GUARDIAN PROJECT!!!

Brendan Shanahan: Umm, sure...what he said.

---This thread has been closed by Brendan Shanahan---