|Patrick Kane doing his best Vancouver Canucks impression. Something like that.|
Another All-Star weekend is in the books. This year's festivities in Ottawa concluded last night with the All-Star Game exhibition. Although many hockey fans claim that they don't really care about the All-Star Game, most die-hard hockey fans watch it anyway. Since you're reading this, you probably watched at least part of the weekend, so here's a recap in case you missed any of it.
- Carey Price knelt in his crease, Tebow-style and then turned his back to the shooter in the breakaway competition. This is also known as "Steve Mason-syndrome."
- Patrick Kane's Superman cape was the highlight of his career, based on goals scored on goalies other than Michael Leighton.
- The car Logan Couture won for being picked last in the All-Star draft was the second fastest machine in Ottawa during the weekend to Zdeno Chara's slapshot.
- The arena security had trouble identifying Scott Gomez at the gate, so they didn't let him into the building.
- The league announced that the 2013 All-Star Game will be held in Columbus, where Jeff Carter will inevitably make his return to Columbus.